Discover Santa Monica
Santa Monica is well-recognized for sustainability efforts and strives each and every day to preserve our pristine surroundings. The Georgian Hotel encourages guests to participate in a variety of eco-friendly tourism options including touring Santa Monica by bike and taking advantage of a variety of attractions within walking distance. Of course, public transportation is readily available for guests traveling to surrounding cities or to-and-from local airports.
Santa Monica Freewheeling
Explore Santa Monica with the wind in your hair and the sun at your back. Guests are encouraged to experience Santa Monica via bike and any number of local bike programs including one of the Bike & Park centers right here in Santa Monica . Please visit the Bike & Park website for more information regarding locations, etiquette and safety tips.
A Serene Santa Monica Stroll
A perfectly central location allows hotel guests effortless access to pre-eminent attractions including shopping Downtown Santa Monica and Third Street Promenade, or numerous Santa Monica Pier and beach activities. The area also offers a variety of Santa Monica Walking Tours for setting out to really explore our vibrant city.
Public Transportation from our Boutique Hotel in Santa Monica
Enjoy a worry-free commute to-and-from LAX and many other destinations. The Santa Monica Big Blue Bus services LAX via Bus Line 3 and Rapid 3, or reserve shared-ride vans via Prime Time Shuttle and Super Shuttle. Private taxis are also available and reservations can be made by contacting our concierge. To explore neighboring communities, the Big Blue Bus offers 18 lines serving locally and beyond.
Take advantage of several sustainable Santa Monica tour options only moments from The Georgian boutique hotel in Santa Monica.
5 Ways to Bike Safe in Santa Monica
- Riding against traffic is illegal and dangerous. Ride on the right side of the road, with traffic, and use the bike lane where available.
- Obey all traffic laws and signals. Stop at stop signs and red lights.
- Make yourself visible to drivers, especially at night. Use lights and reflectors and wear bright clothing.
- Use hand signals and eye contact to communicate with motorists, other bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Always wear a helmet; those under 18 years of age must wear helmets by law
5 Ways to Walk Safe in Santa Monica
- Drivers have blind spots and can’t always see pedestrians. Make eye contact with the driver and be sure he/she is stopping before you cross.
- Disconnect. Wearing headphones and listening to music while walking reduces your hearing and can be distracting.
- Know WHEN to cross - cross only with the green light or when the “walk” sign is activated.
- Use extra care when crossing with children. Remember drivers may not see little ones - hold their hand while crossing.
- Don’t assert the right of way with a fast moving vehicle - you could lose. Allow vehicles enough time to stop.
5 Ways to Drive Safe in Santa Monica
- Pedestrians generally have the right of way whenever they are in the road, regardless of where they are. Respect the rights of pedestrians – stop and wait.
- When making right turns, and left turns against traffic, STOP and look for pedestrians before making your turn.
- Obey the posted speed limits and use common sense in congested areas.
- Flashing red lights are treated like stop signs at crosswalks. Stop - look - THEN proceed. And always stop for crossing pedestrians at intersections and marked crosswalks. Wait until they have safely reached the opposite curb to proceed.
- Don’t text or play with your phone while driving - it’s against the law and research shows it increases the likelihood of a collision 23.2 times over unimpaired driving.